STATEN ISLAND, NY — The leaves have fallen and your porch pumpkin is glistening with frost, so it’s officially time to curl up and watch some Hallmark Christmas movies — or at least let them play in the background while you do that Decorate house and wrap gifts.
Hallmark’s 2022 movie lineup includes 31 titles, and if you have cable, the easiest way to tune in is via the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
Not so happy?
Things get a little trickier then, but it’s not impossible to watch and stream the Hallmark Christmas 2022 movies.
In the spirit of giving, Good Housekeeping has put together a guide to watching Hallmark Christmas movies wirelessly.
Watch and stream live
With multiple streaming services, you can watch live TV and recordings anytime for a fraction of the price. These include the Hallmark Tearjerkers.
- Peacock: One of the easiest ways to stream this year’s newest Hallmark holiday movies is through the Hallmark hub on NBCUniversal’s streaming service, Peacock. For $5 a month, you can watch the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama live and on-demand through the Peacock app and PeacockTV.com. You can try it for free by signing up for a trial.
- YouTube TV: For $65 a month, you can watch Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Drama, and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 24/7, plus over 100 other channels.
- Loop: For $35 a month, subscribers get 40 channels — Lifetime, Hallmark, and ESPN — and an additional nine channels, including Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Drama, as part of the Lifestyle Extra package.
- Philo: The flat rate here is $25 per month. In return, subscribers get more than 60 channels, including all three Hallmark channels, HGTV, and Lifetime. Interested? Try it out with a free seven-day trial. And your first month is only $20.
- fuboTV: The starter pack — 138 channels, 1,000 hours of DVR storage, and screen-sharing capabilities — starts at $70 per month. Before you bother, you can try it out with a one-week free trial.
- Friendly TV: For a cheaper alternative, get 40 channels of cable, including all three Hallmark channels, for $7 a month. Now you can sign up for a free seven-day trial and connect it to Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast.
- Hallmark Channel everywhere: While Hallmark’s free streaming service usually requires a cable subscription, a few Christmas movies always unlock this time of year. If you have cable, you can use this service to stream live programs to your phone, tablet, or other compatible device.
after they aired
If you’re caught up in a shopping and packing craze and miss a live movie on TV, don’t panic. Some streaming services allow you to watch new releases within days of their first airing:
- peacock allows you to watch new movies on-demand for 72 hours after they’re released.
- fuboTV has a lookback feature that allows users to watch movies or TV shows up to 27 hours after their original airtime.
- If the movie is part of Sling’s on-demand or catch-up TV schedule, you can watch it later or even use Cloud DVR Plus to record the movie to watch at a later time
Older Hallmark Christmas Movies
Hallmark movies aren’t on Netflix or Hulu, but some of the classics are available to rent or buy on Amazon. You can also check out some all-time favorite Christmas movies on Peacock’s new Hallmark hub.
Also check out the Movies & Mistletoe event on Hallmark Movies Now. Popular Christmas films from previous years are released every month. Start with a free trial, then pay $6 for a monthly subscription or $60 for an annual subscription.